Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 2: Being grateful for the technology...

...especially for my lovely desktop computer and its equally lovely applications!

Today I went home from work feeling suicidal to the point of wondering whether I should call the suicide hotline or not. Of course I didn't! I would probably be labelled 'not suicidal enough'. Funny, is there a level of being suicidal, I thought being suicidal is kind of the point of where you should raise the alarm. Then again, I guess, even I do have thought of killing myself all the time, I won't kill myself, just because of His funny way of throwing jokes. He got some sick jokes that makes you go, 'ARGHHHH!' first, then 'Oh! Ok.' at the end...

I digress. Again. See the pattern here?

So I arrived home. When my lovely desktop computer turned on, it brought along my joy! It's like a switch! Bleep, stressed. Bleep, happy! Turned on my messenger. Ah mahhhh frenzzz! Having friends overseas mean that it can get quite difficult to reach them. The time difference is the factor here. The other factor is your and your friends' schedules. Especially when your friends are doctors who have very unpredictable schedules. For all you know, you could be sleeping and dreaming about being chased by a big catterpillar who squeaks 'peekoo! peekoo!' and your doctor friends were cutting someone's heart open and poking it with the scalpel.

There is only that much you can do with your phone and SMS. I hate SMS with passion. Mostly because of the limited space in which forces you to SMS-talk. Bt Y? I lk sms! U can type lk ts! It ezy 2 rd! NOT.

Bless technology and its messengers. Hail ye! Hail ye! FULL SENTENCES! HOW I LOVE THEE.

With messengers installed in your phone, you are connected with your friends 24/7! This is why you should only add a few close friends. Honest to God, if you're not going to talk to the people in your friend list, why did you add them anyway? And why the hell do you add people you do NOT like? We should have a rule here: add likeable friends only. Especially some of your friends may be those who are 'Friends: enemies-included'. As if you don't have enough enemies already.

Not me, nuh-uh, no enemies for me (while scrambling to nail the door so the mob outside pointing pitchforks and waving fire torches can't barge in).

I will not care that I have a mob chasing me if I know I have these friends who I know I can trust with my most deepest, darkest secrets. God bless 'em!

God bless internet too.

Don't kill the internet, okay, God? I'll cry. Seriously.


+Edited 1 time+

No comments:

Post a Comment